Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More Layout

I'm going to change my formatting a little bit just for fun. I'm going to start formatting my theorems, definitions, and examples as shown in the theorem below except that the colors will be the same as always.
Theorem:Uniqueness of Inverses
If G is a group, then ∀a∈G there is a unique a-1∈G such that a∙a-1 = e = a-1∙a where e is the identity of G.
Also, proofs look like the following.
Proof:
Choose an element a∈G. From the definition of a group there exists at least one inverse of a. To show that the inverse is unique, suppose that both b and c are inverses of G. Then a∙b = e and a∙c = e so a∙b = a∙c and canelation gives us that b = c so the inverse of a is unique, as desired.
If the theorem and proof aren't formatted as in the images below (except for maybe the size), you should let me know. I checked them in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera, but if you have an issue let me know so I can check it out. Also, if you use Lynx, I don't care what it all looks like.
Example Theorem Layout
Example Proof Layout
I'm hoping it gives the visual distinction that I'm looking for with a little more readability.

No comments:

Post a Comment